CHAN CHI HAY'S
Thank God, I am living in a computer decade, more appropriate a network decade.
I used Pentium 90 in office and 486-33 at home in 1996. Now they are both Pentium III.
Computer is my body, software is my dream and Internet is my life.
My dreams are:
Internet - World Wide Web:
- was gone.
CWSApps - The Original Internet Software Resource and Still The Best!
There you will find all applications for Internet. The rating and descriptions help you decide what software to download and use.
Downloadastro - great resource for downloading more than 300K free and paid updated software and games, including professional reviews and ratings.
- The Whole Internet Catalog was gone.
After I have had the software, exploring the whole Internet was started there.
- Yahoo Search.
The most popular search engine for your special interest.
- Alta Vista.
A powerful search engine set up by Digital Equipment
Corporation. (Usually try "http://www.name.com" for the world's famous
corporations, where name is the name of the corporation.)
- SuperSeek. You can simultaneously search
Alta Vista, Infoseek, New Riders Yellow Pages and Yahoo and individually more without
re-entering your keywords.
Yeah, you sure want to set up your home page. Or just publish it on your local computer.
- Don't forget to see my Perferred HTML page.
- A Beginner's Guide to HTML.
By the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (firstname.lastname@example.org). A good place to start with HTML.
- HTML Reference Manual. Once for a while, it told all the specification of the three versions of HTML. Now it has been removed. You may follow the link to see why. However, the page recommanded another place to go: HTML School
A script that Netscape 2.0 support. No need to run under Windows 95 comparing with Java.
- Sun's Java Page.
Java: Programming for the Internet. If you are using Windows 95, Windows NT or OS/2 Warp, you need Java.
- VBScript: Working Description.
A newly(?, was long ago) developed subset of the Visual Basic language called Visual Basic ® Script will now revolutionize Internet application development. (Another old story on the web.)
- Web-counter Home Page.
Register the counter for your home page. No CGI script needed. Free under 1000 hits.
- Submit It!.
After worked hard on your home page, you would like to submit it to the most popular search engines.
Don't forget to tell me too.
- The Web Developer's Virtual Library.
Finally, you'll never be a serious HTML/Web developer if you haven't read their great "major award-winning resource center for web developers' pages.
Programming - Visual Basic:
Programming - Delphi:
- The Programmers Source. Here you will find information about some most popular programming language.
- Programming Style Guidlines
Here are some sample programming guidlines for Pascal/Delphi, C/C++, and some other programming languages. These guidelines provide a reasonable basis for developing your own style guidelines.
A worldwide distribution network for Shareware, Freeware, and Public Domain software.
After developed your software, do you want to make it a shareware? Here you can download shareware or publish your own.
If your software is a game, you have to submit elsewhere: ftp.cdrom.com. Uploading your files to one of those archives will automatically make your files searchable via CNET Shareware.com, as well.
- Download.com After you have submitted your software to Simtel.Net or ftp.cdrom.com, you may also want to place the link on the list of Download.com for others to download.
Finally - a library that lets you talk, snack, and take stuff home to keep forever. New home to the Virtual Software Library.
- TUCOWS - software, music, themes and games download sites.
The Tucows site offers over 30,000 software titles in libraries located around the world, providing users with a fast local download.
- WinFiles.com It is an independent Web site run by an independent group of individuals which provides explanations, software, and information about Microsoft Windows® operating systems.
[View Guestbook][Sign Guestbook]
Email - @gmail.com
Home Page = hay.hk
Copyright ©1996 Chan Chi Hay. All rights reserved.